Located in central Nebraska on Interstate 80, North Platte, isn’t just a cozy town, it’s a place filled with good people and a rich history. It is the place that Buffalo Bill Cody called home, and the city that hosts NEBRASKAland DAYS every year. North Platte is also home to the world’s largest rail yard, Union Pacific’s Bailey Yard, which can be viewed from the newly erected Golden Spike lookout tower.
North Platte is a town of many colors and different people that come together for a common purpose, a strong sense of community. At Lincoln Highway RV Park, you’ll get the rich hometown feeling with the North Platte history, surrounded by the good people that embrace it. We promise.
Popular activities while staying in the North Platte area include:
- View the animal display at Cody Park (don't forget to feed the ducks and geese!), bring your swimming trunks for a dip in the river or public swimming pool, and ride the ridiculously low-priced carnival rides—and don't forget to sample the delicious ice cream!
- Tour Buffalo Bill's private home and ranch
- Take in a stock car race at Platte Valley Speedway
- Visit the North Platte Area Children's Museum and the Lincoln County Historical Museum
- Go for a ride at Cody Go Carts, featuring go carts, bumper boats, and water slide
- Stop at Fort Cody Trading Post for unique area-related souveniers (the kid's will love it as much as the adults)
- Learn about Union Pacific's Bailey Yard and view it from the Golden Spike Tower and Visitor Center
- Take in a rodeo, go to a newly released movie, visit a winery, view the Sandhills Cranes, visit an art gallery, shop to your heart's content, and eat at one of the many local restaurants
- Take in NEBRASKAland DAYS activities for the whole family in June
- Join railroad lovers from all over the country during the three-day North Platte Rail Fest celebration in September and view exhibits, take tours of Bailey Yard, and more
- Participate in the surrounding communities "small town" annual celebrations